Fringe Planet is a survival simulator sandbox based in a twisted voxel universe where both science and magic co-exist. It follows the story of six procedurally generated people (called peons) who awake in a frozen hellscape with no memory of who they are. It’s up to the player to help them survive and eventually prosper.
- Detailed simulations: Fringe Planet is designed to be realistic. Many different simulations are running to keep the game dynamic in nature: everything from the peon AI getting angry at uncooked food, to the way the wind will change the temperature of a room is simulated.
- Brutally hard: there are several customisable story tellers that can influence the game – throwing events at the player (waking up to a demonically possessed peon is not a good start to the morning!) to keep the gameplay both fresh and challenging. Just surviving in the cold, frozen environment can be tricky enough.
- Storytelling: every game will feel unique – we have created a detailed and engaging world, and we want players to talk about the stories they create.
- Complex machinery: with both science and magic working together to produce crazy and fantastic machines, the player can choose how to best employ them. Is it worth while to set up a complex set of belts and machines to automatically craft objects? or would you rather let the peons do all the hard work?
- A living, breathing world: With plants that grow, snowfall and constantly visiting mini-biomes, the Fringe Planet world is exciting and dynamic in nature.
- Customisable Peons: From physical appearance to their pasts and even their personalities. We would advise against customising after loved ones however as Fringe Planet can be incredibly nasty toward peons!
- Attention to detail: Clothes dynamically change when a peon changes them. Plants have different growth cycles – some grow during the day, others at night. Doors let heat out of a room. Some peons snore.
- Modding: Fringe Planet has been designed from the ground up with modding in mind. Every aspect of the game can be changed via modding and we are very excited to see what the community creates.
- Rich Lore: Inspired heavily by the works of H. P. Lovecraft, there is a detailed and complex lore – a reason for everything. Players can explore and discover this lore, or choose to ignore it.
Fringe Planet will be available for PC and Linux. Expected early access: start of 2019.